Through focused dialogue and
educational sessions, we hope that attendees of NODAC 2013 will gain
insights in the following areas:
· Trends in Orientation, Transition, and Retention Programs
· Best Practices in Research and Assessment
· Special Student Populations (e.g. Veterans, Transfers, Adult Learners, International Students, Hispanic Serving Institutions)
· Extended Orientation
· Parent/Family Programs
Things to keep in mind as you create your proposal:
· Your program should be grounded in theory, research, experience, or best practice.
· Your program should have clearly articulated goals and outcomes as well as a defined outline.
· Your program should be relevant to the field of orientation, transition, and retention.
· Your program should meet at least one focus area of NODAC 2013.
· PROPOSALS ARE DUE APRIL 19, 2013 @ 5:00PM CST
· All educational sessions at NODAC 2013 will be in 50-minute time blocks.
· Each program proposal will be reviewed by at least four members of the association in a blind review before final selection.
· Submitters will have the option of seeing the comments from their program reviewers.
· Program Reviewers will be solicited later this spring.
· Here is a downloadable PDF of the Educational Session Proposal Form
for your convenience. We will only be taking online submissions using the form below.