In an effort to support the development of NODA graduate student members, the Graduate Student Network (GSN) is pleased to award an Annual Conference Fee Waiver to one graduate student annually. Institutional support for national conferences is not consistently available to graduate students. This award will allow a graduate student member to take advantage of the multitude of educational and professional development opportunities at the NODA Annual Conference:
- Participate in graduate student specific activities including the Graduate Student Symposium, Case Study Competition, and Resume Review Program.
- Attend educational sessions, featured speakers and panels, author events, regional events, and network events.
- Establish connections with professionals, other graduate students, and the NODA organization.
- Currently enrolled in a masters program in higher education, student affairs, or college personnel (Spring 2016 and Fall 2016).
- Demonstrated interest in the field of orientation, transition, and retention.
- Able to verify that you do not have institutional funding for a national conference.
- Able to commit to all other funding related to conference attendance (travel, lodging, meals, etc.).
- Required to participate in all GSN activities during the national conference, including the Graduate Student Symposium, Resume Review Program, and Case Study Competition.
- Award recipients will be required to obtain a NODA graduate student membership to receive the award ($40).
- June 1, 2016: Applications open
- August 10, 2016: Application must be submitted through the NODA website by August 10, 2016. As part of the application, you will be asked to upload a current resume and answer the following questions:
- Within the field of student affairs, why are you interested in pursuing the functional area of orientation, transition, and retention?
- How would participating in the NODA Annual Conference and Graduate Student Network activities impact your learning and help you attain your professional goals?
- Describe a trend or issue in higher education that will impact the future of orientation, transition, and retention professionals. (This should be written as an abstract for a newsletter article).
- Letter of recommendation must be written by a graduate assistantship/internship supervisor or faculty member. There is a field to attach the letter in the application form. Please include first and last name, current institution, title/position, email, phone number, relationship with applicant (please include the length of time you have know them), and describe why you believe the student will be successful in the field of orientation, transition, and retention, and how they have contributed to their current institution. (150 words or less) All letter of recommendations must be signed and on official letterhead.
- August 31, 2016: Conference Waiver Award Recipient Notified/Announced.
- September 22, 2016: Award Recipient must register for NODA Annual Conference by this Early Bird Deadline.
Questions? Please email Graduate Student Network Co-Chairs Logan Franks or Cameron Hill.
If you would like to confirm your nomination submission, please feel free to contact the NODA Association Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-301-6632.