NODA invites you to submit a proposal to present an educational session at the NODA Annual Conference in Louisville, KY. Shared knowledge between members is the hallmark of the Annual Conference and is a cornerstone of NODA’s mission to provide education, leadership and professional development in the field of college student orientation, transition and retention.
To help you think about how you can contribute, advice on creating a great proposal from members who have presented on a wide range was gathered. View the Be a Presenter page for more information.
Proposals should include specific participant learning outcomes and be grounded in both research and theoretical frameworks, if applicable. Additionally, proposals must address how the information presented can be adapted to different types and sizes of institutions. The Committee is in search of sessions across the three NODA focus areas of: orientation, transition, and retention. View the Association-approved examples of topics in orientation, transition, and retention. View the Mission & Core Values.
- Proposals are due April 9, 2017 at 11:59PM, CST.
- The lead presenter must be a full-time staff member or graduate student, and a current member of NODA
- All educational sessions at the conference will be 50 minutes in length.
- Each program proposal will be reviewed by up to three experienced members of the Association, who have presented at a national conference on the topic area.
- Reviewer feedback will be provided for all submissions, accepted and not accepted.
- All educational sessions must adhere to NODA’s Statements of Ethical Standards and Statement on Non-Discrimination
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Educational Programs & Evaluation Chairs:
Amber Hoefer, Colorado State University
Emily Wheeler, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
WARNING: Educational Session Proposals are reviewed in a blind peer review process. This means that it is important that you only have identifying information, such as institution name or names of presenters in the fields specifically requesting the information. Please do not include identifying information in any other category on the proposal form. If identifying information is found in any other category your proposal may be automatically declined.