General Board Member Position Description
Members of the Board of Directors are elected representatives of the NODA membership at-large who are responsible for policy formation, governance and fiscal matters pertaining to the Association. The Board will consistent of 12 General Board Members and elected officers. Each General Board Member will serve a three-year term and may serve a maximum of two consecutive terms.
1. Demonstrated leadership experience within NODA, including but not limited to: regional leadership, network chair, standing appointment, committee participation.
2. Demonstrated contributions to the scholarship of the Association including, but not limited to: conference presentations or publication submission.
3. Current employment in the field of orientation, transition, and retention at an institution of higher education.
4. Professional experience in higher education for at least 3 years.
5. Active professional membership in NODA for at least 2 years. NODA membership must be current at the time of application and throughout term.
1. Knowledge of, and commitment to, the structure, purposes, and goals of NODA.
2. Ability to think strategically.
3. Knowledge and attentiveness to issues relating to diverse constituencies.
4. Current knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to the field of orientation, transition, and retention.
5. Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment balancing the needs of the Association Staff, NODA Leadership, NODA membership, and external constituents.
6. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills and represent the Board of Directors to the membership with clarity, professionalism, and integrity.
1. Prepare for, attend, and participate in all Board meetings including periodic conference calls, online meetings, etc.
2. Provide leadership as the sole governing body of the Association.
3. Be responsible for the formulation of clear Association direction (strategic plan), and the implementation of the plan.
4. Set internal and external policy and priorities/goals for the Association based on strategic vision.