The mission of the International Student Network is to provide NODA members with educational sessions and opportunities to learn about and discuss research and best practices regarding international students and their unique transitional, integration, and retention needs to our institutions.
- Transitional and integration issues
- Online orientation
- Extended orientation
- Cultural engagement and adjustment
- Immigration issues and status
- Pre-arrival programs
- Social media engagement
- Pre and post orientation programming
- International student services
- Academic advising
- Communication and social media
- First-year seminar/foundations courses
- Address the unique orientation, transition, and retention needs of international students
- Deliver information on current international student issues so members may gain knowledge on a wide variety of topics
- Foster growth through establishing connections, collecting information, and having discussions on various international student orientation topics
- Encourage members to provide support and resources to fellow members regarding international students and orientation
- Create opportunities for collaboration between colleagues at various institutions
- dentify a new trend within community scope and communicate to NODA members
Want to join the discussion? Sign in to the NODA Member Portal and join the International Student Orientation Network Group!
For more information, please contact:
Florida Institute of Technology
Baldwin Wallace University
2015 Schedule of Forums
August 6, 1:00pm-2:00pm EST (10:00am-11:00am PST) –
Extended Orientation for International Students.
September 30, 1:00pm-2:00pm EST (10:00am-11:00am PST)
WEBINAR – First-Year Seminar/Foundations Course.
October (Forum will happen at the NODA Annual
Conference) – Transitional Issues with International Students.
November 17, 1:00pm-2:00pm EST (10:00am-11:00am PST) –
Integration Issues with International Students.
** FORUM’s will not be held for the months of June and
August. Regular communication and related literature will be sent through