Annual Conference Committee Responsibilities
Conference Speakers & Special Initiatives (2)
- Solicit featured speakers (i.e. plenary speakers, panel discussions, etc.).
- Coordinate additional educational initiatives that will enhance the conference experience of attendees (pre-conference sessions, extended sessions, mid-conference sessions, panels, etc.)
- Work in collaboration with the NODA Association Staff, the Program Committee and the NODA Educational Initiatives Committee to identify educational needs of NODA membership.
Educational Programs & Evaluation (2)
- Review deadlines & application for "Call for Programs” as set by the Educational Initiatives Committee with the NODA Association Staff.
- Chair the Educational Sessions Selection Committee to review educational session proposals as proposed by the Educational Initiatives Committee.
- Work with the NODA Association Staff in the coordination & development of educational session evaluations.
- Facilitate "thank you” efforts for all Conference presenters.
- Ensure volunteers are confirmed to track attendance & disseminate any information necessary to presenters or attendees (i.e. evaluations, AV, etc.)
Local Arrangements/Side Trips & Service Project (1)
- Coordinate informational resources for local attractions & restaurants & report to the NODA Association Staff for information dissemination.
- Coordinate information on parking, shuttles, & public transportation options & report to the NODA Association Staff for contract review & signing.
- Coordinate with the local Convention & Visitors Bureau and/or local hospitality companies for convention information, discounts & resources
- Coordinate all side trips & report to the NODA Association Staff for contract review and signing.
- Work in collaboration with the NODA Association Staff to coordinate the logistics of any off-site events, receptions & meals.
- Coordinate the logistics, in collaboration with the NODA Association Staff, of a conference service project (service projects are optional).
Office Manager / On-site Logistics (1)
- Working with the NODA Association Staff, manage the conference office & storage areas.
- Assist the NODA Association Staff & Annual Conference Program Chair with communication to the committee members with to-do lists, updates, etc.
- Ensure shipping and receiving of conference materials is handled per NODA Association Staff and hotel guidelines.
On-Site Registration & Marketing Liaison (1)
- Working with the NODA Association Staff, coordinate the on-site registration/check-in process for general registration, OPI, pre-conference/extended sessions, mid-conference sessions, side trips, etc. (including packets, distribution of name tags, etc.)
- Act as a project manager who funnels information coming from committee members into a master Marketing timeline (i.e. gathering all messaging material for the conference brochure)
Volunteer Coordination & Graduate Interns (1)
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, supervision & recognition of all conference volunteers
- Assign volunteers to on-site conference duties, such as assembling registration bags, staffing on-site registration, staffing local arrangements information table, identifying restaurants & local activities, moderating interest sessions, collecting meal tickets as needed, bring-and-brag table, etc.
- Working with the NODA Association Staff & the Annual Conference Program Chair, identify volunteer needs throughout the conference.
- Recruit, interview, select & supervise graduate student interns that will work with the Annual Conference Program Committee on various projects.
- Ensure the NODA internship timeline is followed.
Technology & Social Media Marketing (1)
- Assist with communications during the Annual Conference via social media & technology updates.
- Coordinate the promotion of the conference at the Annual Conference including a table in the exhibit area & a presentation at the closing banquet including a video highlighting the conference & host city.
- Lead large event PowerPoint data collection and creation (designed templates will come from NODA Marketing Staff).
- Ensure volunteers or Graduate Interns are selected to assist with large scale featured sessions.
- Work closely with the NODA Association Staff and AV Company Staff (tbd) to ensure featured event audio, visual and other technical needs are secured.