The Regional Student Leadership Award is designed to give special recognition to students for their creativity, energy, enthusiasm and outstanding abilities, which are the backbone of successful and dynamic orientation programs.
Two students may be selected from each region per year; one student from a four-year institution and one from a two-year institution. To be considered, the nominee must have been involved in orientation at some point between May 1, 2015 and March 1, 2016.
The student chosen will receive:
Nomination letters should address the following:
- A plaque presented at the 2016 Regional Conference
- Recognition at Annual Conference Awards Presentation
- $100 campus bookstore gift card
- Leadership skills of the nominee
- Complexity of the organization as well as the complexity of the tasks performed by the nominee
of impact the performance of the nominee has had on various areas of
the institution (office, department, orientation program,
- Amount of time the nominee invested in orientation and the amount of time that was spontaneous or planned
- Effectiveness of the nominee in the orientation program
Complete the online nomination form and submit a nomination statement (as a PDF) detailing the nominee's qualifications.
Failure to follow the guidelines to the application may lead to
the disqualification of your submission from the awards nomination.
Please review instructions carefully
Applications are due by 11:59:59 PM CST on the following days (applications will be time stamped upon completion):
- Region I: January 28, 2016
- Region II: January 21, 2016
- Region III: March 10, 2016
- Region IV: February 4, 2016
- Region V: March 10, 2016
- Region VI: February 11, 2016
- Region VII: February 4, 2016
- Region VIII: February 23, 2016
- Region IX: February 4, 2016
If you have any questions, please contact the NODA Association Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.866.521.NODA (6632)
NODA declares a policy of equal opportunity
and nondiscrimination in the provisions of services to the membership
and the public. In recognition of the responsibility to this membership,
NODA reaffirms its policy of fair and equal treatment in all practices
to all persons regardless of race, color, age, marital status, gender,
religion, natural origin, ancestry, sexual/affectional orientation,
disability or veteran status.