Regional Conference Host(s) Application
We are seeking Regional Hosts for 2022 for all regional conferences (regions: I, II, III, IV, V, VI ,VII, VIII, and IX). The deadline to apply is August 21, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contactNODA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.866.521.6632
DEFINITION: With the guidance of the Association staff, the Regional Coordinator and along with the Conference Planning Committees, Regional Conference Hosts plan and implement the regional conferences for their Region.
All logistical arrangements for the regional conference including food, lodging, local transportation, meeting facilities and entertainment characteristics of the local flavor and atmosphere.
Responsible for recruiting regional conference committee
members and leading planning meetings.
Selection and scheduling of conference programs and presentations. The selection and scheduling should address the needs and diversity of the members and their institutions.
Work with the Association Office on registration development, educational session and awards process and budget management.
Work directly with the Association Office in communicating conference plans, needs, concerns, and making the logistical arrangements for Regional Conference.
Submit a final report and budget summary to the Association staff within 30 days at the end of the conference.
Participation in two previous NODA Regional Conferences
Ability to establish and maintain communication with the Regional Coordinator where the conference is being held and with the Association staff.
Ability to follow through and submit post-conference memberships, budget and other information to the Association staff.
- Summer 2020- Application and selection process
- Fall 2020 - Connect with 2021 hosts and participate in the 2021 Regional Conference Planning Team
- Winter 2020/Spring 2021 - Works with host institution location to reserve space, work with association
office to solidify dates, finalize hotel contract and select theme and logos (prepare for reveals at 2021 conferences)
- Summer 2021 - recruit 2022 RCPT
- Fall 2021 - recruit/finalize RCPT and host meetings. Finalize budget planning and registration details
and training with Association staff.
- Winter 2021 - Registration and ed session opens. Additional details that need to be discussed and
finalize for speakers, schedules, awards, conference app details, regional traditions, catering, conference evaluations, network involvement, emergency plans.
- Spring 2022 - Finalize plans and implement conferences!