2021 NODA Annual Conference Planning Committee Application
Maybe you were recently inspired by the 2019 Annual Conference Committee. Or maybe it has been a professional goal of yours for a while now to participate in the planning of NODA's biggest annual event. No matter what motivates you, it's time to submit your application for the 2021 NODA Annual Conference Program Committee!
The 2021 Annual Confernece will take place from Friday, October 22 through Monday, October 25, 2021 in Orlando, FL. The team we are building to deliver another top-notch conference experience will consist of:
- two Conference Speakers & Special Initiatives co-chairs
- two Educational Programs & Evaluations co-chairs
- two Logistics & Volunteer Coordination co-chairs
- two Technology, Social Media, and Graduate Interns co-chairs
If you would like to be a part of this team, we encourage you to explore the position descriptions and application requirements below. If you have any questions, please contact the Association Office. Applications are due by November 20, 2019.
Speakers & Special Initiatives (2)
- Solicit featured speakers (i.e. plenary speakers, panel discussions, etc.).
- Coordinate additional educational initiatives that will enhance the conference experience of attendees (pre-conference sessions, extended sessions, mid-conference sessions, panels, etc.)
- Work in collaboration with NODA staff, the Program Committee and the NODA Educational Initiatives Committee to identify educational needs of NODA membership.
Educational Programs & Evaluation (2)
- Review deadlines & application for "Call for Programs" as set by the Educational Initiatives Committee with NODA staff.
- Chair the Educational Sessions Selection Committee to review educational session proposals as proposed by the Educational Initiatives Committee.
- Work with NODA staff to coordinate and develop educational session evaluations.
- Facilitate "thank you" efforts for all conference presenters.
- Ensure volunteers are confirmed to track attendance & disseminate any information necessary to presenters or attendees (i.e. evaluations, AV, etc.)
Logisitcs & Volunteer Coordination (2)
- Coordinate with the local Convention and Visitors Bureau and/or local hospitality companies for discounts and information regarding local attractions & restaurants. Report to NODA staff for information dissemination.
- Coordinate side trips. Report to NODA staff for contract review and signing.
- Working with NODA staff, coordinate on-site registration and check-in process for general registration, OPI, pre-conference/extended sessions, side trips, etc. (including packets, distribution of name tags, etc.)
- Help identify a leadership reception space.
- Working with NODA staff, coordinate the logistics of an optional conference service project.
- Working with NODA staff, manage the conference office & storage areas.
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, supervision & recognition of all conference volunteers
- Assign volunteers to on-site conference duties, such as assembling registration bags, staffing on-site registration, staffing local arrangements infomation table, identifying restaurants & local activities, moderating interest sessions, collecting meal tickets as needed, bring-and-brag table, etc.
- Working with NODA staff & the Annual Conference Program Chair, identify volunteer needs throughout the conference.
Technology & Conference Support (2)
- Assist with communications during the Annual Conference via social media & technology updates.
- Coordinate the promotion of the conference at the Annual Conference including a table in the exhibit area & a presentation at the closing banquet with a video highlighting the conference & host city
- Lead large event PowerPoint data collection and creation (designed templates will come from NODA staff).
- Work closely with NODA staff and AV company staff to ensure featured event audio, visual and other technical needs are secured.
- Recruit, interview, select & supervise graduate student interns that will work with the Annual Conference Program Committee on various projects. Ensure the NODA internship timeline is followed.