Emerging Leaders Program Application
The NODA Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is an opportunity for graduate students and professionals with no prior NODA leadership experience to join a year-long leadership development continuum. This new cohort model program is built to prepare future associations leaders and promote involvement within the profession. We invite you to join the inaugural class to learn virtually from topical experts on a monthly basis. Program graduates will complete an interactive capstone project. Topics to be covered include but are not limited to:
- Intro to NODA: Who we are, what we do, and the challenges the association faces and how you solve these challenges.
- Women in the workplace: how gender shapes women's path to leadership, how to be sure your voice is heard in meetings, and how to be an ally to women in the workplace.
- Choosing your Leadership Development Model
- Advocating for yourself...resources, time, promotion, salary, etc
- Life as a Leader: balancing volunteer leadership and your "day job"
- Where is your Volunteer Fit?
Attendance at the 2020 Annual Conference is strongly encouraged but not required and the cohort is limited to 20 individuals. The Leadership Development Committee will notify members selected into the inaugural cohort, prior to the 2020 Annual Conference. Applications will for the 2020 Emerging Leaders program will close in the fall of 2020.