NODA Excellence Fund
The NODA Excellence Fund (NEF) is dedicated to supporting NODA members, just as our members are dedicated to the orientation, transition, and retention (OTR) profession. Investing in the NEF is one more way you can make a difference as an OTR student affairs professional.
The purpose of NEF is exclusively charitable. Donations to the fund help provide scholarships and opportunities for professionals and graduate students to receive high-quality training and experiences through NODA. This can range from expanding award and scholarship opportunities, to assisting with program travel, leadership development, and outreach activities.
Supporting NEF is an opportunity to be a part of a community dedicated to developing knowledgeable and innovative leaders through research and scholarships in the OTR field. Your NEF contribution will:
• Support the mission and vision of NODA
• Provide leadership opportunities for underrepresented populations
• Fund innovative and inclusive programs and initiatives
• Provide resources to develop the next generation of OTR leaders
Whether you are passionate about supporting future OTR leaders or building our knowledge through research, your gift - no matter what size - makes it happen!
NODA's Circle of Excellence is a recognition program established by the NODA Excellence Fund. This program recognizes individuals who have served as professionals, teachers, leaders, and scholars in the fields of orientation, transition and retention in higher education.
The 2020 Circle of Excellence Nominees are Charlie Andrews, Bonita Jacobs, and Andrene Kaiwi. Each nominee has a goal of raising $3,000 for the NODA Excellence Fund this year. Please help them with their fundraising.
• Applicants must be a current NODA member.
• Applicants must remain a member during the term of the scholarship award.
• Applicants must be a professional or graduate NODA member. Undergraduate students are not eligible.
• NODA memberships will not be waived.
• Scholarships are available for individuals and not for an institution.
• Only one award will be offered per individual per award year.
• Applications must be submitted using the online application form.
• Applications must be submitted by the application deadline. Late applications will not be considered and no extensions will be offered.
• Applications who are awarded a scholarship will be required to volunteer to assist with registration at the annual / regional conference or other designated area.
• Applicant must pay for conference registration fee if requesting travel to attend.
Please review the full NEF Program Guidelines before applying. Questions concerning the NEF applications and qualifications should be directed to NODA Executive Director Joyce Holl.
*NODA will begin accepting NODA Excellence Fund applications for 2020 Regional Conferences on Monday, December 9, 2019.