The charge of the Leadership Development Committee is to prepare NODA members for appointed leadership and volunteer positions within the Association.
To meet this charge, the committee will:
- Develop and implement an Emerging Leaders Program to provide meaningful professional development and mentorship for newer professionals;
- Promote leadership and volunteer opportunities within the Association to all members at the national and regional level;
- Reach out to interested NODA members to fill appointed leadership positions throughout the year and liaise with Nominations and Elections committee to identify qualified and diverse members for elected leadership positions;
- Provide leadership training and support for appointed and volunteer leaders.
- At least seven General Association Members (including the chair)*
- One Association staff member (ex-officio)
*It is preferable that the General Association Members on the committee be seasoned professionals and representative of a variety of regions and leadership experience. Committee members will serve two-year terms and may serve up to two consecutive terms.
All NODA Committees