The charge of the Nominations & Elections Committee is to work on behalf of the Association to identify applicants with preferred qualifications as specified in position descriptions.
To meet this charge, the committee will:
- Provide support for the recruitment of elected leadership by assisting Leadership Development with educational and marketing efforts regarding leadership opportunities;
- Screen applicants and produce an intentionally diverse pool of candidates for all elected positions that are qualified for service and able to advance the work of the Association;
- Work with Association staff to coordinate the logistics of applications and elections;
- Review election policy and process and make recommendations for changes to the Board of Directors as needed.
- At least five General Association Members (including the chair)*
- Association staff member (ex-officio)
*The President will appoint the chair and all members of the Nominations Committee, with the approval of the Executive Committee. The Committee should represent a variety of regions and leadership experiences. Committee members will serve two-year terms and may serve up to two consecutive terms.
*Committee chair should have served at least one year on the committee.
All NODA Committees