Candidates for the position of Associate Editor must serve in a professional capacity, either directly in, or related to, the field of orientation, be a member in good standing of the Association, and have exhibited prior involvement or contribution ot the organization and/or the fields of orientation, transition, and retention (e.g. conference participation, program/workshop presentation, Association committee responsibility, service on the Board of Directors, etc.). Associate Editors serve a three-year, renewable term, with this position beginning at the close of the 2020 Annual Conference.
Associate Editors actively participate in the preparation and development of NODA’s scholarly publication. The Editorial Board has responsibility for soliciting, reviewing, and selecting manuscripts, book reviews, brief “Campus Notes” articles, “Perspectives” pieces, Pillars of Our Profession, and other written contributions. Associate Editors also are strongly encouraged to write for NODA’s publications. The Editorial Board meets on an as needed basis and typically meets one time per year.
- Review manuscript submissions
- Meet timelines as required to meet the submission deadlines for publications
- Assist in association membership recruitment and encourage current members to actively contribute to NODA
- Email correspondence and timely follow-up outside of formal meetings
- Encourage the membership to submit articles and research for publications