Note to candidates
: The following materials must be submitted electronically by
August 21, 2020 at 4:30pm central time
; your application will be time-stamped at time of completion. Any questions related to the application process can be directed to the NODA Association Office
To complete this form you will need the following:
A letter describing your interest in this position, your vision for the 2022 NODA Annual Conference, and the strengths you believe you will bring to the position of Annual Conference Program Chair.
A current resume, including any NODA involvement and any past conference planning involvement (NODA or non-NODA)
A letter of support from your immediate supervisor including acknowledgement of financial support for related travel (one site visit to the hotel in Baltimore in addition to travel for the annual conferences required, and recognition that NODA will not reimburse these costs), and attendance at the NODA Annual Conference in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
List of three references and their contact information (in addition to the letter mentioned above).
With the guidance of the NODA Association Staff, the Annual Conference Program Chair will work in collaboration to plan and implement the NODA Annual Conference.
1. Assist in selection of and lead a conference program team to facilitate and implement educational programmatic content.
2. Manage all non-logistical aspects of the conference experience including but not limited to educational programs and evaluations, featured speakers, special initiatives, and pre-conference/extended sessions.
3. Work with the conference committee, annual conference advisory committee, and NODA association staff to fulfill the mission/vision of the annual conference.
4. Facilitate the selection of conference programs and presentations. The selection should address the needs and diversity of the members and their institutions as well as focus on the NODA strategic plan, research agenda, and/or learning outcomes of the conference. The scheduling of presentations will be coordinated in collaboration with the NODA Association Staff.
5. Work with the NODA Association Staff to organize all group functions including off-site activities, transportation, and/or entertainment.
6. Working in collaboration with the NODA Association Staff, the Annual Conference Program Chair will support the development and management of the Annual Conference budget.
7. The Annual Conference Program Chair will meet regularly with the conference program planning team and the NODA Association Staff in the planning of the NODA Annual Conference.
1. Participation in at least two of NODA’s annual conferences.
2. Previous involvement on a regional or annual conference planning committee.
3. Interpersonal & communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with the NODA Association Staff, the Annual Conference Program Committee, and other NODA volunteer leadership.
4. Organizational skills - ability to focus on multiple areas of responsibility simultaneously while prioritizing and delegating work to other committee members and Association staff as necessary.
5. Facilitation & collaboration - ability to effectively manage, monitor, and hold peer volunteers accountable for their respective areas of planning for the annual conference while simultaneously creating effective working relationships with Association staff and other Association leadership.
7. Balance - ability to synthesize directives/expectations from the NODA Board of Directors with conference schedule while creating a unique conference program experience.