The NODA Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is an opportunity for graduate students and professionals with no prior NODA leadership experience to participate in a year-long leadership development experience.
This new cohort model program is built to prepare future association leaders and promote involvement within the profession. We invite you to join your peers to learn virtually from topical experts on a monthly basis. Topics to be covered include but are not limited to:
- Intro to NODA: Who we are, what we do, the challenges the association faces and how you can help solve these challenges.
- Women in the workplace: how gender shapes women’s paths to leadership, how to be sure your voice is heard in meetings, and how to be an ally to women in the workplace.
- Choosing your Leadership Development Model
- Advocating for yourself…resources, time, promotion, salary, etc
- Life as a Leader: balancing volunteer leadership and your “day job”
- Where is your Volunteer Fit?
Attendance at the Annual Conference is strongly encouraged but not required and the cohort is limited to 20 individuals. The Leadership Development Committee will notify members selected into the cohort prior to the Annual Conference.