The charge of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee is to bring NODA’s Core Beliefs and Values statements to life and to ensure our Association is “being an inclusive community of practitioners and scholars” in its practice.
To meet this charge, the Committee will:
- Support the development and implementation of educational opportunities around issues of diversity and inclusion that will support the Diversity, Inclusion & Access core competency;
- Liaise with Association committees, networks, and regions to identify opportunities to promote inclusivity in programming, events, and leadership recruitment.
University of Louisiana Monroe
- At least seven general Association members.
- One member of the Association Office Staff
- Board of Directors member who is appointed by the President, President-Elect, and Past-President.
- It is preferred that a portion of the general committee members have had some past leadership experience with diversity and inclusion.
- The committee chair serves a one-year term and may serve up to two consecutive terms upon approval of the President, President-Elect, and Past-President.
- Prior experience on the committee is preferred for the committee chair.
Committee Member Term
- Committee members serve two-year terms.
- Committee members may serve up to two consecutive terms.
- The Board of Directors committee member serves a one-year term and may not serve consecutive terms.
- Currently this committee meets the fourth Thursday of the month.
- Visit the Community Calendar for Committee Meeting Dates.