The Charge of the Educational Initiatives Committee is to ensure that the educational offerings (conferences, webinars, courses, and institutes) of the Association align with the Association’s strategic priorities.
To meet this charge, the Committee will:
- Facilitate the review of institutes, symposia, courses, conferences, and networks as needed to determine if and how they are meeting the needs of the membership;
- Collaborate with entities providing educational content to membership, including the Core Competency Integration and Oversight Committee and lead faculty of institutes and symposia, as well as conference chairs.
- Remain aware of current trends in higher education and make recommendations for new educational offerings;
- Create and review educational offerings provided by the association as assigned by the Board of Directors enhancing offerings and content with diversity, equity, and inclusion in each.
- Determine guidelines and make policy recommendations related to educational program structure, delivery mechanism and location, and standards to be met.
- Collaborate and consult with NODA Association Staff, leaders of the educational offerings provided, and Association Committee Chairs as-needed.
- Identify 1-2 members to participate in the selection of leaders of educational offerings (conferences, institutes)
- At minimum of six general Association members (including the chair),
- 2 of whom should have conference leadership experience
- Committee members will serve two-year terms and may serve up to two consecutive terms.
- One general Board of Directors’ member (appointed by the Association President) as liaison on an annual basis
- Chairs of the upcoming and future Annual Conference are ex-officio members of the committee.
- One Association Staff partner
Committee Member Term
- Committee members serve two-year terms.
- Committee members can serve up to two consecutive terms.
- Board of Directors member serves a one-year term, and may not serve consecutive terms.
- The committee chair is a general member of the Association.
- The committee chair should not serve simultaneously as chair and program coordinator of any current educational initiative.
- Currently this committee is not meeting.